- 2007 Birth of the idea: eCommerce for brands with a connection to specialist retailers.
- 2008 Foundation of Arendicom GmbH in January
- 2008 Pikeur is the first online shop to be launched in December 2008
- 2009 Dominik Gehlen joins the management team
- 2010 Expansion into other sectors, including toys and fashion
- 2011 arendicom Release 2.0 with new shop system (plus system)
- 2012 Specialist retailers are allowed to set up their shop with the specialist retail system.
- 2013 The B2B system is launched.
- 2013 Strategic partnership with Shopgate for mCommerce.
- 2014 Relocation of the business premises within Tutzing due to expansion.
- 2015 Another move to larger offices within Tutzing.
The company name arendicom is made up of “Arendi” and “com”.
“Arendi” is derived from the term “R&D”. In English, “R&D” is the abbreviation for “Research and Development”. This translates to research and development. At arendicom, “research” essentially refers to market research. “Development” stands for software and Internet applications.
The second part of the word “com” indicates the Commerce division. More precisely, it refers to eCommerce. arendicom provides various platforms for trading goods on the Internet. The first is the “e-shop-direct.com” platform.
arendicom builds on the expertise of experienced eCommerce and online experts.
Marcus Krehan is one of the two managing directors and is responsible for sales and marketing. Marcus Krehan has worked for sporting goods manufacturers and wholesalers as a managing director and is primarily responsible for strategy and business development at arendicom.
Dominik Gehlen took over the commercial management at arendicom in January 2009 and has been the operational managing director since the beginning of 2010. Over the past two decades, Dominik Gehlen has gained experience in management positions in the areas of office management, finance/controlling, human resources, and logistics in various industries. He is primarily responsible for the areas of finance, operations, key account, and HR.