- 2007 Birth of the idea: eCommerce for brands with a connection to specialist retailers.
- 2008 Foundation of Arendicom GmbH in January
- 2008 Pikeur is the first online shop to be launched in December 2008
- 2009 Dominik Gehlen joins the management team
- 2010 Expansion into other sectors, including toys and fashion
- 2011 arendicom Release 2.0 with new shop system (plus system)
- 2012 Specialist retailers are allowed to set up their shop with the specialist retail system.
- 2013 The B2B system is launched.
- 2013 Strategic partnership with Shopgate for mCommerce.
- 2014 Relocation of the business premises within Tutzing due to expansion.
- 2015 Another move to larger offices within Tutzing.
- 2019 Strategic partnership m Shopware
- 2021 Ricardo Cescon joins the management team as the new CTO
- 2021 Gregor Schröder joins the management team as the new CIO
- 2022 Strategic partnership with DHL and PayPal
- 2022 Gregor Schröder appointed as new managing director
- 2022 arendicom makes its own developments available in the Shopware Store
The company name arendicom is made up of „Arendi“ and „com“.
„Arendi“ is derived from the term „R&D“. In English, „R&D“ is the abbreviation for „Research and Development“. This translates to research and development. At arendicom, „research“ essentially refers to market research. „Development“ stands for software and Internet applications.
The second part of the word „com“ indicates the Commerce division. More precisely, it refers to eCommerce. arendicom provides various platforms for trading goods on the Internet. The first is the „http://e-shop-direct.com “ platform.
arendicom builds on the expertise of experienced eCommerce and online experts.
Marcus Krehan is one of the two managing directors and is responsible for sales and marketing. Marcus Krehan has worked for sporting goods manufacturers and wholesalers as a managing director and is primarily responsible for strategy and business development at arendicom.
Gregor Schröder took over responsibility for the areas of project management, innovations, strategic partnerships as well as operations in July 2021. Gregor Schröder was able to develop his expert knowledge in the areas of software development, portfolio management and strategic management over the last 2 decades in various industries.